Salary Range: $65,000–$75,000 commensurate with experience
GHD Partners, an award-winning firm working for clients across the globe, is searching for graphic designers in their New York studio with 2-5 years of professional working experience. Experience working in three-dimensional space, including environmental graphic design, signage and wayfinding, is a plus but not required. Candidate’s portfolio should demonstrate the ability to articulate concepts through a cohesive visual vocabulary, including typographic competency. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong typographic skills, and attention to detail are critical for developing compelling projects in the built environment, as is an extraordinary passion for design collaboration with an exceptionally committed design team.
Efficient time management and strong organization skills are required to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. The candidate must be able to work closely and collaboratively with internal team members, third party vendors and partners, and clients, displaying a positive attitude and a strong commitment to excellence.
Responsibilities include research, concept development, design, execution and implementation of various types of projects for corporations and cultural institutions, as well as project management and client interaction.
The selected candidate will work closely with project teams on print, web, and branding projects as well as have the opportunity to learn about and work on environmental graphics and signage systems for large scale workplace projects. Applicants must be based in New York, or have plans to move to New York in the near term. GHD has implemented a policy that allows our team to work from home during the current health crisis, as well as from our office on a voluntary basis, pursuant to well-defined health and safety guidelines. Once the GHD office is fully reopened, the applicant will be expected to work in the office, according to our hybrid return to office plans.
At GHD, we take pride in empowering our designers to take an active and contributing role in advancing the interests of the studio and collaborating on client project development. Our studio celebrates diversity and recognizes the value that every designer can contribute in a truly collaborative environment. The lack of a rigid hierarchical structure in our studio allows our teams to interact freely without the restrictions of a traditional design firm structure. In our close-knit team, designers tend to stay for relatively long tenures and have the opportunity to grow into larger leadership roles. The studio participates in a number of group activities throughout the year and conducts an annual overnight retreat.
We are growing. We hope you’ll consider joining the GHD team!
- Health & Dental insurance (GHD covers 60% of premium cost)
- Vision & Life insurance (GHD covers 100% of premium cost)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401k program
- GHD strongly considers covering costs for all relevant employee education expenses (conferences, events, classes)
Qualifications & Skills
- 1–4 years of professional experience
- Undergraduate design degree
- Environmental graphic design experience
- Expertise in all industry-standard design applications, particularly Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency in CADTools and Sketchup, a plus.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and juggling several projects at once
- Creative and critical thinker who is equally collaborative and independent
- Passionate about design, art and architecture
- Effective in sharing and delegating project responsibilities to maintain efficiency
- Confident in taking ownership of projects and proactively identifying and solving problems that arise during project work
- An open and positive personality, with a strong desire for continuous learning and skill development